Gainesville Chiropractic for Infertility & Impotence
Treat Infertility with Gainesville Chiropractic Care
The effects of infertility and impotence can be damaging to the lives of both women and men. Both afflictions can be emotionally and mentally painful to live with and can come in between relationships. There are various forms of treatment for infertility and impotence, depending on the underlying reason that is causing it, but they are often expensive, temporary or even ineffective. Many people give up on alternatives and decide to live with infertility or impotence and abandon the idea of having children of their own. If you suffer from either infertility or impotence, and traditional treatment has been ineffective, it is time to visit a Gainesville chiropractic clinic. At Tucker Chiropractic, we can provide you with chiropractic treatments in Gainesville, FL, to treat or alleviate symptoms of impotence or infertility.
Causes of Female Infertility
- Ovulation Disorders: Ovulation disorders include hormonal disorders that affect the release of eggs from the ovaries. Such hormonal disorders include polycystic ovary syndrome, hyperprolactinemia which interferes with ovulation, and hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism that can affect the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
- Fallopian Tube Damage: Fallopian tube damage or blockage can be due to inflammation and is usually a result from pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Uterine or Cervical Abnormalities: Abnormalities with the opening of the cervix, the shape of the uterus or polyps in the uterus can cause infertility by interfering or not allowing the implantation of the fertilized egg.
Avoiding alcohol, drugs, smoking and excess caffeine can all increase chances of fertility. Exercising regularly and avoiding being overweight or underweight can also help.
Causes of Male Infertility
- Abnormal Sperm Production: Abnormal sperm production can be caused by genetic defects, undescended testicles, infections or health problems. Varicocele, the enlargement of veins in the scrotum, can also affect the quality of sperm.
- Problems with Sperm Delivery: Damage or injury to the reproductive organs, blockage in the testicles, or genetic diseases can all contribute to inefficient delivery of sperm.
- External Factors: Smoking, alcohol, drugs and certain medications can all affect fertility in men. Overexposure to heat, radiation or chemicals can also affect sperm production.
Avoiding drug use, tobacco use, excessive alcohol consumption, high temperatures, industrial or environmental toxins, and medications that could impact fertility are ways to help prevent infertility in men. Regular exercise may also improve sperm quality.
How can Chiropractic Treatments Help Infertility
Reproductive organs are not under conscious control, but rather under the autonomic nervous system that is ultimately controlled by the central nervous system. The central nervous system is made up of the spinal cord and the brain. When subluxations occur in the spine, they can inhibit nerve function. Since reproductive organ nerves originate in the lower back, misalignments in the spine can affect anything from muscle function to hormone delivery. Chiropractors work to realign the spine and remove subluxations to allow proper functioning of nerves connecting to the reproductive organs.
Common Causes of Impotence
Contrary to popular belief, most cases of erectile dysfunction have to do with physical conditions rather than psychological ones. Some of the most common causes of impotence include:
- Endocrine Diseases: Endocrine diseases affect the endocrine system which produces hormones responsible for the regulation of metabolism, sexual function, reproduction, etc. Interference with hormones necessary for sexual function can lead to impotence.
- Nerve Disorders: Certain nerve conditions can affect the brain’s ability to communicate with the reproductive system. This would inhibit proper sexual function and prevent a person from achieving or maintaining an erection.
- Medication & Lifestyle Factors: Certain medications can affect blood flow, preventing sufficient blood from reaching the penis. Abuse of drugs, alcohol and tobacco can all interfere with a person’s ability to achieve or maintain an erection as well.
Avoiding alcohol and drug abuse, quitting smoking, losing excess weight, and maintaining regular physical activity can lessen or improve impotence.
How can Chiropractic Treatment Help Impotence
Erectile dysfunction is typically treated with medication. The drugs work by increasing the body’s production of nitric oxide, a chemical that opens and allows blood flow into vessels in the penis for men to achieve and maintain an erection. The nerves that control the male reproductive organs run through the lumbar region of the spine. Chiropractic adjustments can correct subluxations to release pressure on nerves located in the lower spine. This will in turn allow proper blood flow and nerve activity to the penis and scrotum. Chiropractic essentially has the same effect as impotence medication but is natural, does not carry harmful side effects, and does not have the same temporary effect.
Gainesville Chiropractor for Infertility & Impotence
If you’re tired of living with infertility or impotence and traditional treatment has not provided the desired results for you, contact Tucker Chiropractic today. We can provide you with chiropractic treatment in Gainesville, FL, for infertility or impotence.