Gainesville Chiropractic Treatment for Subluxation
Your spine is a pathway for messages sent throughout your body and if a vertebra moves, the communication is impaired. If you suffer from the Vertebral Subluxation Complex, you will experience pain, muscle spasms, inflammation, pressure on nerve roots and loss of function. A subluxation refers to a vertebra that has moved from its correct position. As vertebral bones move, they may also damage surrounding muscles, discs, tissues and ligaments. Subluxations have the ability to reduce nerve function. However, Dr. Tucker’s chiropractic treatment in Gainesville, FL provides you with the relief you need.
Elements of Subluxations
Vertebral Subluxation Complex is divided into five factors:
- Myopathology refers to when spinal muscles weaken or tighten. This may cause muscle spasms which creates scar tissue and may require multiple Gainesville chiropractic treatments.
- Pathophysiology involves biochemical abnormalities that cause bony growths to appear on spinal joints, which do not function properly and may lead to further malfunctions.
- Histopathology causes inflammation of discs because of the increase in temperature and blood supply. When discs become inflamed, they can tear, herniate and cause permanent damage to other surrounding tissues.
- Neuropathophysiology occurs when spinal nerve roots become compressed or irritated by chemicals.
- Spinal Kinesiopathology is the main factor that affects the other conditions. Your spine has become misaligned, which reduces your mobility. Your Gainesville Chiropractor will use these elements to help diagnose you with this condition.
Causes of Subluxations
Subluxations have multiple possible causes. Trauma can occur because of bad posture, repetitive motions, poor workstation designs or weak spinal musculature. They may also be caused by chemicals. Excess harmful chemicals decrease the ability of the body to cope with external stressors and therefore becomes more vulnerable to subluxations. These chemicals include drug and alcohol abuse, poor diet, or harmful toxins found in air, water or food. Stress is another factor which may cause this condition. As the amount of stress increases in the body, normal body functioning and immunity decreases. In turn, your body becomes susceptible to illnesses and trauma.
If you tend to be vulnerable to this complex, it may be helpful to be proactive. Take steps such as learning how to manage stress properly, being aware of what chemicals you allow into your body and maintaining proper posture. Preventing this situation is better than any possible treatment, no matter how effective your chiropractic therapy is.
How Chiropractic Care Improves Subluxations
Chiropractors in Gainesville, FL, must first determine if you suffer from Vertebral Subluxation Complex, which is a continuing process. Your chiropractor can then apply precise pressure to the spine in order to help vertebrae return to their normal position. Following this procedure, you will be able to restore proper function. Dr. Tucker will also attempt to help you find methods to prevent future subluxations.
Chiropractic Treatment in Gainesville, FL
Dr. Tucker and his team at Tucker Chiropractic are more than capable of helping you with treatment for your subluxations. In order to treat subluxations, specific force must be added to move vertebra. Dr. Tucker’s use of the Activator Method provides him with more control and accuracy than Gainesville, FL chiropractor professionals who do not use it. This method requires the use of an instrument that provides low force impulses to desired locations. Therefore, he has higher accuracy, uses less force and he will not need to perform rough motions.
Call to schedule an appointment today and discover how Dr. Tucker and the Activator Method can help you.